These are my classic Sunday brunch pancakes, with some special toppings - I've added raspberry jam and coconut, or almond cream with a nuts-mix. I like to eat them with a hot herbal tea - Jardin des songes (in bulk at Palais des Thés).
- 1/4 cup flour (in a paper package at Bio Shop)
- a heaping pinch of salt (can be found in most markets in a paper package)
- 1/4 cup water (tap water)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil - I used coconut oil (in a glass jar at Bio Shop)
- 2 tbsp of sugar (in bulk at Marché des Tanneurs) or agave nectar (in a glass jar at Bio Shop)
How to make it:
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately, then mix them together in the same bowl.
- Grease a flat pan (I use coconut oil) and turn the heat to medium. Pour on the pancake batter and let cook until the borders become a little bit brown. Flip and let cook on the other side until it is golden brown.
- Add the topping of your choice.
I've received the beautiful tea cup as a present, it comes from one of my favourite stores Nong Cha in Brussels. A little (zero waste) tea shop where it's possible to find a lovely selection of teas to fill your own jars. Moreover, no plastic packaging but instead a handmade tissue bag!